Monster Industries creates a work environment dedicated to growth, cooperation and excellence. Finding the right fit for our team is essential as we expect a lot from you but you can also expect a lot from us.
Interested in becoming part of the Monster team?
1. Please fill out our online Employment Form
2. Remember to specify the Job Position you're applying for and attach your resume and an optional cover letter.
NOTE: Resumes under consideration may be contacted.
Estimator-Mechanical Construction / Fabrication
The Mackenzie and Houston Divisions are currently looking for an Estimator-Mechanical Construction / Fabrication to join our team.
Note this is a junior position and will receive support and guidance from the respective Division Manager. This position has the opportunity to move into a more senior position when company growth and employee performance permits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in developing project estimates, completes take-offs from blue prints, completes and submits bids to the Divisional Manager for review.
- Generates contract documents, change orders, and other necessary paperwork, in concert with the Divisional Manager.
- Prepares and helps determine schedules for manpower utilization and materials delivered to the site.
- Work closely with the division team to ensure proper information flow and adherence to stated goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the division team to in accordance with the quality program and is aligned with client and regulatory guidelines.
- Defines and initiates work plans as required to meet or exceed project requirements.
- In partnership with the Division Manager source, assign and track the appropriate material and equipment for the project based on client specifications.
- Ensures code and regulation standards are included in estimations.
- Ensures project construction documents are kept up to date and stored in an appropriate manner.
- Work closely with the division team to communicate any deviations to plan to the appropriate parties on a timely and transparent manner consistent with Monster Industries core values.
- Ensure that all regulatory documents are up to date and signed.
- Organizes and files all project information in project files.
- Estimating and project management experience in mechanical construction and fabrication.
- Experience in mechanical, construction and fabrication trades.
- Previous work experience with design and/or build projects.
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Knowledge and experience in CAD software.
- Highly Proficient in MS Excel, MS Project, Word, Adobe, and MS Office 365 computer skills.
- Results-oriented and motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work individually or as a team, unsupervised.
- Effective Communicator.
- Able to manage multiple project estimations.
- Report writing capabilities.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings with ease.
For more information visit:
Mackenzie Municipal webpage: www.district.mackenzie.bc.ca
Tourism BC Mackenzie homepage: www.hellobc.in/mackenzie.aspx
Houston Municipal webpage: www.houston.ca
Tourism BC Houston homepage: www.hellobc.com/houston.aspx
Do you have what it takes? Ask about our